Some of the top companies in the world use Express.js.
If you need something simple, user-friendly, and lightweight for your enterprise app development project, Express.js is the right choice.
Express.js is a free, open-source backend framework for Node.js. It has features, tools, plugins, and packages that help simplify development processes. Also known as Express, TJ Holowaychuk created and first released it in 2010. It is built on and uses Node.js principles and approaches for creating web applications. Express.js is essential for enterprise app development, particularly for automation and technology integration.
Its minimalist approach, high scalability, speed, and overall performance are only some of the reasons why enterprises like using Express.js. It is based on the Node.js platform. Almost all codes are already pre-written. This way, developers will have an easier time coding.
Express is part of the MEAN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and Node.js) stack development, making up its backend part. This means it is a complete solution for building applications.
Where and When to Use Express.js for your enterprise app dev
Express.js is used for creating APIs (application programming interface) and mobile applications. It takes care of vital backend details such as sessions, error handling, and routing. If you want something that’s capable of managing varied and multiple http requests and responses for specified URLs, then Express.js is the best option for your enterprise app development.
Enterprises following a strict development schedule will prefer Express.js. This is because it allows them to create web applications in the fastest time possible. In the most efficient way.
It’s simple and does not require programmers to do a lot of coding.
Lastly, Express is perfect for enterprises and developers looking to create single-page, multi-page, or hybrid applications.
Why Use Express.js
There are several reasons why Express.js is ideal for enterprise application development.
- Express.js allows developers to use just one language for the frontend and backend. Meaning, it is basically a complete, full-stack platform. As a result, it’s possible for enterprises to build digital solutions fast.
- Express.js is open-source and free. Users are guaranteed that the framework is regularly reviewed and updated.
- Integration plays a vital role in any app development project. With an unopinionated framework, middleware and third-party services integration are easy. Finding solutions to development problems won’t be that much of a challenge. An unopinionated framework allows businesses to build their app the way they want to and choose whichever middleware is ideal for them.
- Express.js is cost-efficient. Enterprises do not need to hire or create additional teams for the project. Using the same language for the frontend development project and the backend part simplifies and makes the process more convenient.
- Content and flash negotiations, dynamic views, routing for multiple requests, and app-level views are just some of the features that make Express.js flexible and functional.
Who Uses Express.js for enterprise app development
The following multinational corporations use Express.js:
- Fox Sports
Express.js is preferred and used by some of the world’s biggest and most successful companies. Its functionality, convenience, and ability to properly manage data make it an ideal choice for enterprise app development. Its same-language frontend and backend development make it a practical solution for any dev project.