If you?re planning to build an app, one of the first things you should consider is to choose the right development approach. There are three options to choose from: web app, native app, and hybrid app development. Of the three, the most popular is native app mobile development.
When you are creating an app for a specific mobile operating system or platform, you need a dedicated development approach. This is what native app mobile development is all about ? it builds apps using a particular programming language. As such, it focuses mainly on Android, iOS, or Windows apps creation.
You can only download native apps from their respective digital distribution platform. For instance, Google Play (for Android) and Apple App Store (for iOS). Most native apps are built for smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices. Although you can come up with apps for use on smart TVs, desktops, and other gadgets.
Characteristics of Native Mobile App Development
Certain characteristics and features make native mobile app development different from other approaches, such as web and hybrid app development. Here are some of these characteristics:
- Native app development is platform-specific. If you decide to use Android, your app won?t run or function on iOS and any other operating system.
- Native app development is fast and efficient. Response time is significantly quicker than other approaches, and updates and improvements are regular.
- Native apps come with built-in features that are exclusive to the device it was made for. In other words, the features are made specifically for the device where the app is used or running on.
- Since native apps can be downloaded only from their particular stores ? and not from third party sites ? users are protected from malwares, trojans, and other online viruses.
- Native app development does not integrate or use third-party frameworks or models for codes. The app development process and features are tailor-made for the specific program or mobile OS the developer chose to work on.
- Native apps developed on Android and iOS platforms are more stable than those created using a variety of programming languages. They?re more user-friendly, accessible, and easier to scale. Android applications are created using C, C++, Kotlin, and Java programming languages. iOS apps, on the other hand, use Swift and Objective-C programming languages. If you prefer the Windows platform, you?ll have to familiarize yourself with the C# programming language, although it is mostly used nowadays for Windows 8 and 10 programs and several desktop applications.
Benefits of Native Mobile App Development
If you choose to use the native mobile app development approach, you?ll enjoy these advantages:
Native apps are created for specific platforms; therefore, they are also highly optimized. Moreover, compared to web and hybrid apps, they are faster, more responsive, and more efficient ? because, again, they are built for a particular platform and use a specific programming language.
Enhanced User Experience
Native mobile development allows for a more natural app flow since it follows the standards and specifications of the operating system it was built for. As such, users will find native apps easy to use.
Lesser Development Problems
Probably the most important advantage of native app mobile development for developers is the fact that the approach or process has lesser dependencies, which means problems such as bugs are very minimal.
Although some developers may argue that native app mobile development can take longer and may cost a lot, the advantages outweigh these disadvantages. After all, it is the satisfaction of your customers ? the users ? that matters most, right?