iOS / Objective-C
OUR UPS DEVELOPING WITH IOS / OBJECTIVE-C
– Objective-C has proven to be stable and has been used for many years in development.
– Language maturity and it has been used and tested for many years for Apple’s software.
– Support for older versions of iOS and macOS.
OUR OUPS DEVELOPING WITH IOS / OBJECTIVE-C
– Old coding style, complicated syntax that makes it harder to learn for new programmers.
– Lot of codebase because the code divided into 2 code blocks: header (interface) files (.h) and implementation files (.m)
– Manual memory management for CoreFoundation like deallocation of Notification listeners.
– Less qualified Objective-C developers because their number is modestly decreasing as new developers are learning mostly Swift.
– It’s a more outdated language and lacks modern tools and properties compared to Swift because Apple is concentrating on evolving Swift as its core programming language where they presented a number of great features and updates every year.