Laravel / PHP
OUR UPS DEVELOPING WITH LARAVEL / PHP
– Eloquent ORM. Simple, super fast ORM that makes working with database relations easy.
– Very configurable and extendable. You can set up apps with the folder structure the way you like it and how it works best for you.
– Packages and resources availability. Laravel has an integration with composer to resolve dependencies by far the most reliable source of package in the world of PHP.
– Queue management. Laravel provides an excellent abstraction process in order to abstract the unnecessary tasks and get them queued behind the scenes making the user response time much faster.
– Easy Database Migration – Migrations are a type of version control for your database. They allow a team to modify the database schema and stay up to date on the current schema state.
– Massive community support.
OUR OUPS DEVELOPING WITH LARAVEL / PHP
– Does not support payments feature. Deferring to services like Stripe and Paypal would solve that problem for you.
– Quality is mixed at times. Certain components in the framework are not well-designed.
– Some upgrades might be problematic. This is not solely a Laravel problem, but PHP frameworks do show problems for long term support versions as the upgrades may turn problematic.
– Often fails to provide mobile app richness. Full-page reloads can be a bit heavy in mobile apps when compared to websites. In such cases, web developers tend to use the framework as a backend JSON API only.
– Lack of inbuilt support. When compared to other frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and Django, Laravel has limited inbuilt support due to it being lightweight. This issue can be resolved though, with third-party tools, and you can get back on track as fast as possible.