Do you have a new mobile app idea and are ready to invest in it? If yes, your company should know that creating a team of expert developers is a necessity. Bringing innovations to the market is not a one-man job. Certain roles in a software development project need to be initiated and most of these are essential in tech startup development.
Startup companies strive to get at least a fair share in the market. One must be innovative enough to get the attention of potential users. What are the things that need to be considered? Let us see in this article.
The 4 Most Wanted Roles – What Do They Do?
To create or develop custom software applications, crucial positions must be filled out. These are your full stack developer, back-end developer, front-end developer, and UI/UX designer. What do they do?
Most applications nowadays are being accessed in two ways – the client and the server-side. Full-stack developers can develop both of these two parts of the software. As software engineers, they know all the work – be it the databases, servers, cloud services, 3rd party integration and so they can engineer web-based applications and mobile apps.
A full-stack developer must know in priority backend programming languages such as Python, NodeJS, PHP, to name a few. On top of that, he/she should know how to set up a server, optimize databases, leverage external libraries. In effect, a full-stack developer is a ‘complete package’ developer.
Highly-skilled front-end devs can identify possible issues for the users. In connection to this, they make strong recommendations and codified solutions to solve probable problems in the design.
Front-end devs are the face of your digital software so you might want to work alongside them to get the specifications you want of the software. In layman’s terms: a front-end dev is the interior designer of a software application
Concurrently, front-end devs work with user experience analysts to determine areas of improvement for a certain digital product. Highly-skilled front-end devs can identify possible issues for the users. In connection to this, they make strong recommendations and codified solutions to solve probable problems in the design.
To deliver all the data being consumed on the front-end of the application, you need the back-end devs. They are responsible for keeping the technology online, perform maintenance activities, and regularly check the databases for flaws.
Back-end developers use somehow different computer languages namely PHP, Python, Java, Ruby, and .NET – whichever applies to a certain digital product. Additional tools are also utilized to monitor and keep the system up. Back-end development is in charge of communicating the data between the front of the application and the server side.
UI refers to User Interface while UX refers to User Experience – both are essential to a digital product. These two terms have been used interchangeably. However, a considerable difference is distinguishable between them.
- UI Designer. The function of the UI designer has been noted to be almost the same as a UX designer. However, UI designers often get involved in the optimal appearance of the digital product. They often work on the point of interaction between the user and the product – like touch screen on our mobile devices.
- UX Designer. The function of the UX designer is broader than the one of the UI designer. These experts make sure that the overall experience of the user is satisfying. They try to optimize the interaction between end-users and the application interface. The user-friendliness of a product is a result of the collaborative efforts of UX designers with the entire software development team.
Starting A Project – Things To Know in Software Development Projects
Having known these intricate details that compose a software development team, what should you do next? At this point, you can contact couple of potential software development partners. It is best to hire the right company with the right skill set and expertise. To make the working environment simpler, hire a team of software developers team with a range of talents.
Aside from the four most wanted roles for tech startup development, you will also be needing a product visionary. This role can be played by you as the head of the business. Product visionaries play a vital role in the realization of the goals of a startup business. Simply put, a product visionary is the product owner.
Delegate The Tasks Effectively
The software development team will only do what you ask them to do on your mobile app. To have an outcome favorable to what you envision as the business owner, here are some tips you have to apply.
- Clearly define what is the goal of the mobile app or whatever application you are thinking of. This involves good communication with the developers. If possible, your instructions must be done in writing.
- Communicate well with the UI/UX designers. UI/UX designers are responsible for the appearance and experience of your prospective users. Importantly, always spare time for these members of the team and clearly state how you want the project to proceed.
- Conduct evaluation of the whole project. It is your right to see where the project is leading. Therefore, conduct a pre-scheduled evaluation to see if everything is going smoothly as planned.
Obviously, in today’s era, technology will surprise us every day. For businesses to stay in business, innovations must be carried out. Business owners must think of ways to go viral, be the talk of the town, or even the leader in the industry.
Mobile apps, web-based applications, and online platforms are just some of the many bases you can take. Hence, if you are considering bringing an app to the public, or perhaps enhance an existing one, always be mindful of the four most wanted roles in a tech startup development. You can hire a full-stack developer from an outsourcing company.
For businesses to stay in business, innovations must be carried out. Business owners must think of ways to go viral, be the talk of the town, or even the leader in the industry.
Conclusion in Forming an Effective Software Development Team
As a startup company that is striving to get a fair share in the market, you deserve the best developers in town. Startechup, a Philippine-based software development outsourcing company can provide you exactly what you need.
To sum up, there are four significant roles that your project should have: full-stack developers, front-end developers, back-end developers, and UI/UX designers.